But it doesn't Look Ideal!



            I have a very active imagination.  I create worlds and scenarios in my mind.  It would be easy to label me as a hopeful creative dreamer.  It helps me as a writer.  While dreaming and faith is different, I am always putting footprints towards those dreams.  I’m often taking steps toward seeing those things fulfilled.  However sometimes the imagination in my mind doesn’t always equal what happens in real life.  We all go through things that don’t exactly match up with the way you thought they should.  It’s in these moments disappointments can set in.  While God always keeps his promises, sometimes those promises take longer to fulfill or just don’t exactly manifest the way you think they should. 
            It is in these moments where it can be easy to get so discouraged that you simply don’t want to keep fighting in faith.  Sometimes those images in your mind can turn to be so different than what you see happen.  Frustration at God can begin to sit on the inside of you. But that’s the definition of faith isn’t ‘it’s the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things unseen.’
            My Pastor yesterday spoke an awesome message about living and experiencing life versus just surviving.  I have to confess that his message really hit me.  At times, I am guilty of just going through the motions trying to survive.  I’ll admit to sometimes being so caught up in doggie paddling to breathe that I’m not enjoying the swimming or the process.
            I think that it all boils down to trusting God.  We all have to constantly learn to rest in what God has said.  Rest in the fact God has awesome plans for our lives.  We have to trust that while it may not always look in our minds like we think it should…it will be well, because God said it will be well. 

 

Psalm 43:5 (ESV)

Why are you cast down, O my soul,
    and why are you in turmoil within me?
Hope in God; for I shall again praise him,
    my salvation and my God.

            It’s time for all of us to begin to put our trust in God again.  Our lives are meant to be enjoyed and not just merely lived.  We have to take the steps He puts in front of us, and enjoy the ride.  It’s time we put our own thoughts of what we thought everything should look like aside, and trust that God can make something beautiful of the ashes (Isaiah 61:3)  Trusting God with our lives is easy.  He has our best interest at heart.  He has awesome plans for all of our lives.  We have to trust Him with every step and every breath.
            Remember God has awesome plans for your life.  Get excited!
           

            

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!