Broken Arrows


            As many of you know I’ve recently discovered archery and have found I really enjoy it.  Last week my parents blessed the girls and I will a really cool higher powered bow.  The step up in bows is kind of like the difference between trying to stand with a walker and running a mile.  The new bow is quite awesome and has a whole lot of power.  Learning how to use it, has taken us a bit of practice.  The above picture was the result of one of my escapades as an arrow was launched into the woods and landed in a fallen tree.  The shaft of the arrow cracked, and I broke it.
            
           After I found the arrow and was walking back through the woods towards the house, I really felt the Lord drop into my spirit that many in the body of Christ look just like this.  They have become broken arrows.  They are wondering why they aren’t being used to hit the goal, but by looking at the picture above you and I both know that arrow isn’t going to be launching anywhere unless I throw it.
            
            Life can wear people down.  People can get discouraged, find themselves launched in a tree and broken.  However, God has a way to make all things new.  (2 Corinthians 5:17)  Once you are living for Him, He makes you a new creation.  Even if you are in the Kingdom of God it doesn’t mean you won’t go through things that can hurt.  HOWEVER, call upon the name of the Lord.  He has a way to put right what seemingly has gone so wrong.  God wants to be able to launch each and every one of His arrows to the fullest of potential.  You don’t have to be a broken arrow any longer.  Allow God to put you back together.
            
            Cry out to God and let God heal what has been broken in your life.  Sometimes you may need some serious one on one prayer time with God.  Maybe you need some good solid Godly counseling, or maybe a conference.  (I just came back from one this weekend, it was awesome!)  Whatever you may need let God lead you in that direction.  You don’t have to go through your life being a broken arrow.  God can heal and put right what has been wrong.  God can and will turn all things around for His glory to those that love the Lord. (Romans 8:28)  You have to give the situation to Him, and you have to trust Him!
            
           God has awesome plans for your life.  Get excited!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!