"C7, Did I Hit Your Battleship?"

Yesterday after church I’ll admit all I wanted to do was to take a nap. However my youngest had other ideas in her mind. She let me sleep for a bit, and then kept waking me up because she was bored. She really wanted to play a game with her, and alas eventually I relented to her cuteness over ‘checking my eyelids for holes.’ However the game she really wanted to play was Battleship. This surprised me because quite frankly my youngest, who will soon be turning six, is not the type of kiddo with a long attention span and the kind of mind that would think complex strategies. The game is a tad over her age span. So I did my best continuing to repeat myself on how one plays the game and I was thinking she had the general idea. So we began. It was obvious this kiddo hadn’t quite understood the game when she started asking me the same coordinates over and over again. Then she’d hit one of mine and not really attempt to sink it. Finally I began to realize that 99% of all of my calls were misses. “Are you telling mommy the truth? Is that really a miss?” “Yes Mom!” About a half hour into this I was getting frustrated. I knew she wasn’t really playing the game but had resorted to just tell me “miss” even though I knew something had to have been a hit. We finally agreed to end the game, and my suspicions had been correct. I kept hitting things and she kept telling me I was missing them. I’ll admit I was getting a tad frustrated. Many people have this skewed concept of God that much like my youngest He’s randomly telling you to do the same things over and over. Many people have this feeling that no matter how many times you ask something the answer is always no, and He’s not being fair. But God is simply not like that. God is a good and just God. He does not dangle your destiny in your face only to move it when you get close. God isn’t setting up on His throne in heaven saying, “hahaha Made you look!” God created you for purpose and He is yearning you fulfill it. It’s no wonder with this skewed idea why many people give up on the things of God just like I did on the Battleship game. Thinking that God is doing that can get frustrating and it’s easy to wonder what is the point? Jeremiah 29:11 (ESV) “ For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” God has good plans for you because He loves you! Keep trusting Him! He wants you to have a future and a hope. If you’re pursing a life for Him then the idea is that you’re working with Him and for Him. You’re not working against Him. You and He are a team. So take a moment, and realize ….if God is for you, really who can be against you (Romans 8:31). Remember He has awesome plans for your life. Get excited!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!