Are you REALLY a writer?

Greetings all my super fabulous people! It was a very busy past several days, and I am excited to get to share with you! On Wednesday I got to preach at Freedom Life Church in Kissimmee (www.freedom-life.org ), which was an awesome treat for me. On Thursday I sat on a Roundtable for God Day (www.GodDay.com) if you haven’t heard of it, God Day is going to take place on 12/12/12 in Orlando, FL. I’m very excited about it and I recommend you check out the website. On Friday I had a book signing and radio interview in Ormond Beach, and on Saturday I had a book signing at the Books-A-Million in Sanford.

My book signing on Saturday didn’t sell as many as I’m used to, but there must have been an anointing that day for starry eyed young girls who got to meet a writer. I think the purpose of me going there was filled. I had three different young women come up to me with admiration in their eyes asking me, “Are you really really really a writer?”

“Yes,” I nodded to reassure them. Each young girl filled with her own questions, I did my best to answer them as best as I could. I have a passion for inspiring people to do and pursue their God given destiny, and often find myself sharing with people the journey I have been on.

Truthfully though when people give me that kind of admiration sometimes it makes me nervous. There are days I want to wear a big sign that says, “Really I am nothing special. It’s only the Jesus in me.” There are days where I just want to post a picture of me getting up in the morning with Lion-o esk hair and say, “Look I’m not perfect, or important. Don’t see me or follow me, but follow the Jesus in me.”

At the end of the day I don’t want people to desire to be like me, but I want them to desire to be the best them that God created them to be on the earth. I suppose if I can inspire people to do that, then I’m doing what Christ did. He pointed people to His Father!

I think Paul must have struggled with this to some extent.

1 Corinthians 11:1 (ESV) “Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ.”

Whether you realize it or not, God has people in your life that you can inspire. There are people God will use you to touch that I couldn’t and vice versa. You need to be an inspiration for your daddy in Heaven wherever you go! Ministry doesn’t just happen from the pulpit. You can be in ministry whatever you do. When Jesus gave us all the great commission (Matthew 28:19) He didn’t say go and make disciples only in the church. He said go and make them in ALL NATIONS. Inspire people around you not to be just like you, inspire them to be pointed toward heaven. If their looking at you, let them really be looking at the Jesus in you. Remember He has awesome plans for your life, and the lives of the people around you. Inspire someone today! Get Excited!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!