Forced Flexibility

When I was young, I spent a lot of time taking gymnastics lessons. I wasn't going to be the next Gabby Douglas, but I spent my time in a gym. When I went to cheer leading all the floor work benifited me. I can remember the gym I trained at had these trainers who used to push us down lower into our stretches. We'd be stretching minding our own business and they'd come over and push us further in the splits. Laugh if you want, but that is painful! Then they'd hold us down in the stretch until a substantial amount time had passed. While it was easy to get irritated when they would do that, today I'm still pretty flexible for a woman in my 30's. Their pushing me to push myself further may have hurt at the time, but made me better in the long run. We all need people like that in our lives. The kinds of people that see more potential inside of you than you see in yourself. We need the kind of leaders that refuse to let you quit, and make you be more flexible than you realized possible. We all need the kind of voices that while you might want to throw a shoe at them, deep down you know their right.
God puts those kinds of people in your life.  While you may not realize it, they are forcing you to be better, push further, and do more than you ever thought possible.  What happens a lot in life is that you recognize these people, and instead of allowing them to push you further, you are still at the wanting to smack them stage.

The Bible says that He is the potter and we are the clay (Isaiah 64:8).  Perhaps its time that we begin to remind ourselves of that.  Perhaps we need to realize that if there are ones around us pushing us further then that is a good thing, and we need to learn to appriciateand recognize the God given authority in our lives.Perhaps we need to come to the conclusion that without pressure diamonds are never formed.  Perhaps it's time we all accept without divine connections we'll never get to our destiny because we are not islands.  We need each other! Remember God has awesome plans for your life.  Get excited!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!