Where is my order?


 We were blessed on Sunday to get to go out to lunch with some pastor friends of ours, and anytime you have kids at a restaurant it can be an adventure. My youngest kept interrupting me talking because she wanted a drink refill. Ok, so thanks for the reminder we really need to work on interrupting. We informed the waitress and I never saw it come. About ten minutes later my youngest starts whining. We mention it to the waitress again, and to our knowledge nothing happens. About another ten minutes later my six year old starts whining. She wants that refill and I’m offering her my drink. About another ten minutes she’s really upset, and that is when I look down and somewhere in all of this the waitress did bring the drink and it was right in front of her.

We’ve all done that in life before. We get really frustrated as to why something isn’t happening the way we want it to, and start getting crabby. When all along God says he’s already given us what we need already.


2 Peter 1:3 His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.

Sometimes we just need to wait for the right timing, but we have what we need in life. God’s already given it to us. Jesus died on the cross for it.


Reflect on the Parable of the Prodigal Son for a moment found in Luke 15:11-32. The oldest was mad about how that prodigal brother of his was treated like a king when he got home. The father’s response was that everything he had was already the oldest son’s as well. We think all too often so small compared to what God has already done for us, and what has already been freely given. Remember God has awesome plans for our life. He gave you what you need to accomplish what He sent you on the earth to do! Get excited! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!