But There Is A New Bottle Under the Sink!



While I’m not the queen mother at having a stock pile of extra items around the house, there are certain things that I do typically have a couple extra waiting to be used under the sink. My grandmother was the queen mother. True story after she passed away my grandfather didn’t have to buy toilet paper for at least 18 months. (LOL!)

What typically happens in my family though is I have these new items waiting under the sink that I know we’ll need and I’ll pick up when their on sale or I have a coupon, and no one but me seems to realize the new one is waiting when the old one is used. So when we run out of an item like toothpaste, mouthwash, or toilet paper most of them come running to me telling me where out or simply they just think we’re out. I try to smile sweetly as I open the cabinet under the sink and find the brand new item just waiting to be used. I know we’re not out. I know the new thing has been waiting.

I began to think about this today. Don’t we do the same thing to God? We start whining that we’ve finished one goal or assignment that He’s given us, and “Where God is the new assignment?” Or maybe we are just frustrated because we can’t see what He’s doing. But all the while the new thing is waiting. He’s had it there all along. He’s just waiting on the timing. He’s waiting on the finishing of one thing to bring out the new one. We find ourselves whining to Him, but really it’s already done.

The story of Joseph in the Old Testaments is one of my favorites. He’s sold into slavery, falsely imprisoned, and in his mind I’m sure he struggled. But all the while God had a plan that he couldn’t see. God was setting him up for supernatural breakthrough. One day he’s in the pit of prison, and the next day he’s living in the palace.

There will be a time all the things God has been up to under the surface will be brought to light. You have to trust Him.

Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Remember He has awesome plans for your life. Get Excited!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!