Hair Chalking Blunders


 

I have a new found love of hair chalk; The non-permanent wear it once funky hair colors that ideally wash right out in one washing.  On Saturday I was blessed to go to the Holy Land to speak at a youth event (JCHLE) and I decided to give myself purple tips with a chunk of hot pink right above it.  I loved it.  My youngest daughter who is very fair and very blonde begged me to put teal stripes in her hair.  I gladly obliged. We had a wonderful event.  My youngest begged me to let her keep her hair like that for church on Sunday and willingly we let her.

It was Sunday night we discovered the issue.  While the hair chalk washes right out of my hair, it left some lingering color on my daughter’s hair.  So I sweetly told her to try washing it again this morning.  She did.  I would say about 70% of its out, but I sent her to school this morning with some teal still lingering.  They have a crazy hair day coming up where she wants me to rainbow stripe it, we shall see what happens there.  It’ll eventually wear out, but in the meantime she’s got to be the coolest kid in the 2nd grade. 

Most people think about their sin and the blood of Jesus like this.  While the hair chalk in my daughter’s hair can still be seen; when you apply the blood of Jesus to your sins to God He can no longer see the sin.  It’s not like the hair chalk.  It didn’t just fade a little, but once repentance happens it’s as if it was never there.  In the natural there may still be some lingering effects, but God doesn’t see it the sin. 


Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

So if God doesn’t look at you and see your sin, past, failures, and mistakes then why should you?  Why should you look in the mirror and still see the lists of things that you have done wrong in your life?  Why should you look at others and still see their lingering sin.  Jesus quite clearly said to the woman that was caught in sin, “May those without sin case the first stone!” (John 8:7)

While none of this gives you the permission to go out and sin, I do hope it sets you free from condemnation.  Many people will never reach there destiny’s because when they look in the mirror they are still seeing a failure.  Let your past go, trust in your God, and shine white and snow!

Remember God has awesome plans for your life.  Get excited.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!