What If?

Yesterday Dan and I happen to watch a movie that I had never heard of on Netflix. This movie called “What If?” I have to say was done really well, and being that I usually rate most Christian films overly cheesy it says a lot coming from me that I totally gave this one my approval. The script was written well, and I highly recommend you check it out. Here’s the link to their website.http://www.thewhatifmovie.com/

The premise of the move is that the main character played by Kevin Sorbo, who had a call of God on his life for ministry chooses not to follow it. Years later God gives him an encounter with an angel named “Mike” played by John Ratzenberger (“Cliff” from Cheers) where basically the lead character experiences a few weeks of what his life would have been like had he chosen to obey God’s plan for his life. In the end the main character is forced to make some powerful choices that not only affect himself but generations.

This led Dan and I to discuss various times in our lives that were crossroads, not realizing then, but really do now how if we would have made certain choices differently our lives would have been very different. Very early in my life I made the choice that I didn’t want to ever look back and my life and always wonder “What if?” For the most part, I don’t have regrets. But then I began to think of all those in life that I’ve known that have chosen not to pursue what they knew was their destiny. I’ve known people who after hearing a prophetic word and knowing God had destiny in them looked at me and said, “That’s fine but I don’t want that.” How miserable it must be to always be thinking in the back of your mind “what if I would have done this?” or “What would have happened?”

What is so beautiful about God’s plan for our lives is that He always as a way to redeem the time I doesn’t matter if your realizing now at 30 or at age 100. If you choose now to fulfill what God has for your life He has a way to work everything out, and redeem the time. Just as the man in the movie was given a second chance God wants you to fulfill the things in your life He has ordained you to, and I’ve seen time and time again how He works everything out.

Sometimes it can be easy to question why you’re feeling led to go one direction and then you choose to go another. I want to encourage all of you today that you need to listen to the Holy Spirit. When God is directing you, just go with it! If you can see where you’ve gotten off track repent and get on it! Life is too precious and too short not to fulfill your God given destiny. Go with it!!!

Isaiah 30:21 (NIV)
21 Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.”

Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!