The Belizean Puzzle

My aunt and uncle recently spent some time in Belize, and they brought back this very beautiful wooden puzzle. It is hand carved with various woods and finishes, and it really is an impressive piece they placed on their coffee table. While we were in Ohio and visiting their house my oldest daughter without even questioning it picked it up, dumped all the pieces out, and began to try to do the puzzle. I had seen the puzzle setting there and I’ve never been a huge fan of puzzles so it wasn’t much of a temptation to try. However, my oldest daughter earnestly began trying to put it back together. Since they had rather recently returned from Belize they had yet to take a picture of the puzzle. It never occurred to anyone that it would be that difficult. My daughter tried and tried to put that thing back together. Then it got passed around the room for others to try, and then she tried some more. My aunt sent it home to my parent’s house with her to keep trying. She spent hours working on that puzzle. I have to give her credit here. She was determined. We were to leave the next morning to visit my in-laws in Canada and my daughter was up working on that puzzle that night, and in the morning.

We spent a week in Canada and when we came back we found out that after hours no one else could put it together and finally after a lot of searching someone found a picture of it put together online and that’s how it finally got back together. Of course my oldest had to see that picture and put it together herself. She was that determined, but she had needed a little guidance.

How often is it in life that we find ourselves in situations we have no idea how we got there or how to get ourselves out. The very thought of our situation can overwhelm us. It’s like we find ourselves stuck in a dark well, and we just need a light to get us out. We can spend hours trying to find out way on our own, and still be just as confused. Like the puzzle and they needed a picture or a map to find their way out….the Bible can be that way to us in our lives situations.

Psalm 119:105 (NIV) Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.


It’s okay to look at the map to find your way out of the situation! You need to know the word of God; you need to learn what God says about your circumstance and you need direction from Him as to what path to apply. If my family would have never found the picture of that puzzle online I’m not sure anyone would have solved it. The result would have just been a lot of frustrated people including my daughter. God does have awesome plans for your life, but you need to know what God and the Bible says about you. You need to know how to get there, and you need to be able to see where you are going. Read the word! Let Him show you the way! Get excited!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!