All I Want For Christmas Is A Bumble Bee Pillow Pet!



A few years back my youngest daughter saw a commercial for pillow pets. She was instantly in love and just had to have one.

Christmas was a few months away so I asked her, “If you were to get one, which one would, you want?”

“The Bumble Bee! The Bumble Bee!” From that day on whenever she would see that commercial she would ask us for one. I figured she’d eventually find something else she wanted so for a month we watched her ask us several times for a bumblebee pillow pet. Finally I went ahead and ordered a pillow pet for both our girls. We had the surprise waiting for weeks if not months in my closet for her for Christmas. But all the while my daughter kept asking us for one every time she thought about it. I have to hand it to her. She was persistent about that pillow pet. When the day came that she finally got her gift, she was beside herself with jubilant elation. For a good six months after Christmas that year every time she saw the commercial she’d run and get her bumblebee pillow pet and hug it tight. She’d thank us for it again and again.

While God is not a sugar daddy, he does love to bless his children with the desires of their heart as long as their not contrary to the will of God. Here’s a parable about persistence that Jesus taught.

Luke 18:1-5 (NIV)
The Parable of the Persistent Widow
1 Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. 2 He said: “In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared what people thought. 3 And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, ‘Grant me justice against my adversary.’
4 “For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, ‘Even though I don’t fear God or care what people think, 5 yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won’t eventually come and attack me!’”


This judge was an unjust judge. How much more will God listen to you when you pray, because he wants to bless his children?

Matthew 7:7-12 (NIV)
Ask, Seek, Knock
7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
9 “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! 12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.


The problem I find often arises in the waiting time. Just like my youngest daughter she had no idea that we’d already gotten her the Bumble Bee Pillow Pet, and all those months she kept asking us for it as if we hadn’t heard her all the hundreds of times she’d asked. I believe there are things God is so excited that He’s about to release to His children. We need to start trusting that He’s already taken care of it. We need to trust that He’s just waiting for the right time. We need to start thanking Him for those things we know we’ve prayed and believed God would bring forth.

Your Christmas Morning will come! So get excited and be grateful that He’s already made a way! Start thanking Him now, for the breakthrough may only be moments or days away.

*In an exciting special note. Southern Writers Magazine interviewed me for an upcoming issue. I have no idea when it’ll run, but I’ll let you know when I do. He is faithful!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!