Playing In The Rain


As a little girl, I can remember with a giddy pleasure getting to swim in the rain. My parents have a pool and we were allowed to swim in the rain as long as it was not thunder and lightening out. In those moments, there was almost a majestic glory. It was a simple pleasure but swimming and dancing in the rain brought us to giggles and shrieks.

As an adult, I find that those days of playing in the rain seem to be fading. When it is raining now I find myself getting grumpy at the audacity that the weather decided to mess with my plans. I find that I am more irritated.

It rained horribly this afternoon and my youngest daughter and I were out running errands. As I tried desperately to dodge raindrops, I found her giggling.

“You know what mom?” she giggled, “If it rains during this summer it will be the best summer ever!”

She reminded me of something very important today. I cannot spend my life just going through the motions of it. I have to remember to appreciate the little things. I cannot be caught up in the web of paying bills, running errands, and being stressed, but I need to be caught up in small joys that only things like a good rainstorm can bring.

Matthew 18:3 (NIV)
And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 5:5(MSG)
"You're blessed when you're content with just who you are—no more, no less. That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought.


Rain can sometimes get in the way of what you think you need to get done. However, remember without rain, you can’t have rainbows. So remember to play, dance, and sing in the rain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!