Posing for the camera


Posing for the camera?

I’ve mentioned before about my love of the Cedar Point Amusement Park in Sandusky, Ohio. I was thinking about the other day how we used to go up there at least once a summer. When my friends and I were older we would frequent the Magnum ride. At the time it held many a world record for longest and highest coaster around. If you’re a coaster lover it is a coaster of coasters. I’m sure it’s records aren’t still holding but it is an awesome ride. I remember how it was probably one of the first ones that had the cameras in the ride that would take your picture during it. I know now that concept is pretty standard, but then it wasn’t. My friends and I would figure out where the cameras were so while we were on the ride we’d pose for the camera. We’d rush down to the bottom to see our pictures on the screen. I remember seeing some funny pictures of all of us. We never bought them but had fun posing for the camera. The thing is, we were so busy posing that, for me the riding of the coaster wasn’t as fun. It became all about the posing.

It’s funny that life can be like this sometimes. You can get so caught up in posing for the “camera” that you stop enjoying your life as much as you could. Are you caught up enjoying the gift of life God gave you or are just making pictures to proudly display on your facebook wall so others can think your enjoying life. I’m talking about just putting on a display and being fake. It’s not that you can’t put memories on your facebook wall. But are you so busy being fake that you’re not really enjoying your life?

God wants us to be real with others and real with Him.

Matthew 23:27-28 (NIV)
27 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean. 28 In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.

Matthew 6:1 (Msg)
[ The World Is Not a Stage ] "Be especially careful when you are trying to be good so that you don't make a performance out of it. It might be good theater, but the God who made you won't be applauding.

What I am trying to say is simply this. Enjoy the ride. Enjoy your life. You don’t have to get caught up in the image. Get caught up in Him. Get caught up in doing what He has told you to do. Posing for the cameras may be fun at first but at the end of your life are you going to think , ‘Gee I wish I had a picture of such and such’ or are you going to wish you enjoyed your life more? Get real! He has awesome plans for your life. So get excited!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!