Because My Dog is Awesome!



          
  I walk to pick up and drop off my daughters most days to and from school.  I’ve been in the process of trying to get Mojo to walk that with me more.  He’s cute.  He’s a puppy, of course all the kids come out of the school gate and scream and shriek over a puppy that is extremely social and friendly.  It’s a common occurrence for the parents to walk their dogs here.
             
About a week ago this lady stops me and said, quite snarky I might add, “Everybody like’s YOUR dog.”  She was leading her adult dog, and the way she said it I could tell she was so mad at me because these kids were gathering around my dog. 
             
“Oh well yes.”  I tried to smile at her.  I couldn’t figure out how she could be so upset and jealous over whose dog attracted more attention.  She has then gone on to glare at me every time I see her. 
            
 Yes, sometimes people are really that shallow.  It’s a shocking revelation, I know.  Sometimes people will just look at you wrong and decide they don’t like you.  The problem isn’t in you.  But it’s in them.  There is a world that just needs Jesus, and will find the silliest of reasons not to like you. 

1 Corinthians 3:3 You are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere humans?
             
Acting jealous just makes you look all fleshy, “human”, and a tad shallow.  I’ve started to pray for that lady.  Really I’d like to think that she’s not that shallow.  But if she is, it looks like she could use some extra prayers.  I’m not going to take her comment too seriously. 
             
People will act like this in life.  You have to learn to let the comments roll off of you.  You have to learn to smile at them in spite of their fleshy ways, pray for them, and love them regardless. 
            
 Remember God has awesome plans for your life.  Get excited.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!