Grandma's Fruit Roll-Up Drawer




My grandmother was amazing.  She loved me so very much.  I can remember every time I went to her house I was made to feel so special.  I was thinking the other day about how she had a drawer dedicated in her kitchen just for me.  She knew I love natural fruit roll-ups.  So she’d buy them for me and leave them in the drawer.  I know that sounds like something so small and simple, but I knew she put thought into keeping that drawer filled for me, so whenever I was at her house I had my favorite snacks.  
          
  People seem to forget that God is like that too.  He knows us better than we know ourselves.  He knows the things we like and he wants to bless us.   He is not some meanie-headed God that doesn’t care about us, but he loves us all individually.  He knows us. 

Luke 12:7 Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
           
 God knows us and loves us so much that he looks at us and even knows the number of hairs on our head.  That’s how much he loves us each individually.  If you will he’s got a “fruit roll-up drawer” on everyone and knows what needs to go in it.

Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart
            The world paints God as some distant and uncaring deity.  Or many think He’s up in heaven just waiting until we mess up so He can drop a piano on their heads….  That is so far from the truth.
            
 I love what Max Lucado says, “If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it…He sends you flowers every spring and a sunrise every morning…Face it Friend He’s crazy about you!”
           
 I have noticed in life God has little ways to make me giggle and remind me that He’s there with me.  One might be hearing or seeing a dove, another way God sends me little reminders is maybe a song on the radio, or there are many others.  Many would say isn’t that just a bunch of coincidences.  Nope!  You know what else.  When I see those small things God is doing I go out of my way to thank Him for it.  When you acknowledge those little things, God will speak to you more and more in them.  When you thank Him in the small things, He’ll bring the bigger.  He loves His children so much that He wants to bless them. 
          
  Remember He has awesome plans for your life.  Get excited!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!