We Have A Cleaning System




            I am sure we are not the only person who had had problems with keeping a house clean.  What we used to do is expected everyone to do their part, but when they didn’t it would turn into huge fights.  The kids would get yelled at because their rooms were a mess.  Dan and I would turn snippy at each other because what we thought should get done wasn’t getting done, and it was all out chaos.  I get all people have to find their groove when it comes to family issues like this one, but for a long time it felt we had yet to find it.
            A month ago everything changed.  I’m not sure who suggested it.  But out of desperation we listed all the household chores and assigned them.  I hate dusting, and others in my family don’t mind it so much.   Then I made a chart and printed it out.  What had been a huge issue in our house has now become a well-orchestrated dance.  My youngest thinks its fun to look on the chart and discover what and when her jobs are to be done.  We aren’t arguing, and the work is getting done.  No one person feels like they are baring the whole weight of the issue.  I believe we will keep it up.

Ecclesiastes 4:12 Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.
           
          There is a real lesson to be learned here about working together as a team.  Dan and I had to hear what chores the kids would rather do, and what ones they’d rather pass on.  Dan and I had to listen to the girls, all come together, and begin to work accordingly. 
            Unity and teamwork get overlooked too often in life.  A church will get more done when they all work together as a team.   There are too many people out there trying to be one man/woman shows and wondering why they are running themselves ragged.  When the truth is simply put, we need each other to do their part of the work.
            Remember God has awesome plans for your life.  Get excited!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!