Cheating at Solitaire

I have a confession to make. I’ve taken to playing the card game of solitaire on my tablet. It’s not that I’m addicted to it, or can’t live without it, but it’s just something I’ve gotten in the habit of doing to unwind a bit. Not that there is anything wrong with that. However playing on the tablet just makes cheating so easy sometimes. I confess I’ll see what is under the cards before I make a permanent decision and that back button is just way too tempting. If I’m being honest with myself pushing that back button is cheating me out of knowing if I can win fair and square or not. In essence when I get all when I win I’m kind of lying to myself because I cheated. I’ll probably keep doing this. At least I’m honest about lying to myself. Lying to myself about a card game may be one thing, but the kind of lying we’ve all done to ourselves is something totally different. 1 John 1:8 If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us We all like to put up a false front and pretend there is nothing wrong with ourselves. It can be easy to lie when we’re by ourselves and don’t think we’ll get caught. We all like to pretend on occasion we’re something that we are not. But God wants us to live lives of truth. God wants us to be honest with ourselves and the people around us. If we’re always trying to put up a false front then really we’re not just lying to those around us but we’re lying to ourselves. Someone once asked me why God couldn’t lie, and after a few moments I responded, “Because He is truth. And He’s not going to do the exact opposite of what He is.” John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. Jesus IS Truth. He couldn’t lie. He didn’t put up a false front. He was honest with himself, and to those around Him. Let your walls fall down around you. Let the false fronts come down, and make the choice to be real. If you want to reflect Jesus on the earth, then you have to start being honest. Remember He has awesome plans for your life. Get Excited!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!