Makeup Test?

My girls had a week when they were doing standardized testing, and my six-year-old was sick the last day of testing. I was assured that she would be able to take a makeup test and all would be well if I kept her home. So she went into school the next day, and had the makeup test. She didn’t say anything to me about what happened because she had to get sent home from school again because she still wasn’t feeling well. However the next day we were sitting at the table as a family and all of a sudden she said, “Mommy, they told me they were giving me a makeup test, but there was no makeup there?” At first I didn’t understand what she was getting at, and then slowly I started laughing, “Did you think they’d have blush and lip-gloss?” “Yes,” Her sincerity was precious and she didn’t think too kindly of me laughing so hard at this conversation. You know, so often we as Children of the Lord can do the same thing with God. We can think He meant one thing, and then want to be disappointed that something didn’t happen the way we thought it should, and then later realize that what He said did happen. I’m sure the Pharisees had an idea from reading all the scriptures and prophesies of how Jesus was going to come on the earth. In fact they were so sure what they thought the prophesies said that they didn’t even believe Jesus was really the Messiah. However Jesus did fulfill all the prophesies that had foretold his life. I have often joked that when Jesus was born it wasn’t like Joseph carried scrolls of the Old Testament around with him, so that they could move to place to place and fulfill the prophesies on Jesus’ life. Nope, the words of God came to pass because they continued to hear the voice of God, and the Holy Spirit led them to those places. It all worked out even if it wasn’t exactly the way they thought it would. Isaiah 55:8-11 (ESV) For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. “For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it. Just remember even if the “make up test” isn’t really a “make up test” it’ll all work out in your life. Stick with Him and what He says, and you will not return to him void but will accomplish what He sent you for on the earth. God has good plans for your life. So, get excited!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!