Oops, the Egg wasn't Hardboiled

Last week I was making my lunch, and I grabbed what I thought was a hardboiled egg. I suppose this is when I add that after I had hardboiled half the carton of eggs Dan had asked me how he was supposed to tell them apart, and I had said, “Duh, the hardboiled ones are on this side of the carton, and most of them have a ‘B’ on them." To which I know he was trying to question my judgment because he was right you couldn’t really tell them apart but I was the one that got burnt on this point. So here I was last week, grabbing an egg to go with my lunch and I was completely unsuspecting that the egg wasn’t cooked, and it was perhaps if wisdom and observation had taken a back seat in my head. I mean really, they all looked just alike. Perhaps if I had been more observant I would have found something different about them, but from the outside I couldn’t tell the difference. It was as if I was stuck on automatic pilot as I cracked that egg over my cutting board. But in an instant the truth was out, and with runny gloopy proof, I had immediately discovered the error of my ways. I had grabbed an uncooked egg and instead of opting for a hardboiled egg for lunch, I threw in another and called it a scrambled egg day. We do similar things in our lives all the time if you think about it. We look at people and make sweeping assumptions. We see how their dressed, how they appear, and assume that we know so much about them. But in truth we don’t really know squat about them. It’s not about what is on the outside of a person, but what is on the inside. God sees through all our lip gloss, sparkly shoes and fashion, and looks at the inside of a person. 1 Samuel 16:7 (ESV) But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.” Sometimes we can be so caught up in that outward appearance that we forget God’s looking on the inside. We have to remember to stop always judging a “book by its cover” so to speak, but start praying to see people the way God sees them. God has awesome plans for your life, but He also has awesome plans for the person sitting next to you. How will they ever know that if you don’t tell them? Pray to see people through God’s eyes today. It just might change your life. So get excited!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!