What Room Mom? What?

For those of you who read my blogs regularly you’ll remember the story about the “Divine Happenings in a Small Christian Bookstore” that I posted on April 2nd. You can view all of those online too at www.annamaquino.blogspot.com Long story short I had been looking for a church that would let me come in and speak in Miami since I already had plans to be in the area. Up until that point I hadn’t found anyone, and then a precious bunch of people came into a book signing of mine in St. Petersburg. A God connection resulted, and it was an honor to get to speak at Nation of Life International Ministries in Miami this past Sunday. The message that was taught was exactly what Dan and I have been going through, and the whole thing is really a divine connection. I love it when God does these types of things. Traveling with small children in tow can be a bit of a challenge. My oldest was fine, but my youngest, who will soon be turning six, was just a tad out of her element. My friends’ son is one of her favorite people on the planet, and since he was with us, she’d been cooped up in a car for too long, and everything was so new to her….I confess hitting my head against the dash board out of frustration had occurred to me on more than one occasion. I see more and more in her how much she does act like I did as a child, and usually that gives me more sympathy with her because I understand her. After getting out of the hotel pool, both children asked me what room we were in. “420” I told them. We got out towels. The youngest asked me again. “Mom, what room are we in?” “420” We walked up the stairs, “Mom what room?” “420” Down the hall, “Mom?” “420” I would like to say it’s the normal right of a parent when you’ve repeated yourself at least a half dozen times that you can get a tad frustrated. Then she just kept asking me every two seconds. I’d like to think that toward the end she was just messing with me but I was getting annoyed. I know she was just so excited, and her attention span only so long, but the way I saw it I was getting quite aggravated repeating myself. One of the many things that I love about God is that He loves to talk to his children. John 10:27 (ESV) My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me Most people have this misguided view that hearing the voice of God is some crazy far out notion, when really if you are one of His sheep it should be just as normal as breathing. The good news is unlike me in the scenario above God will repeat himself over and over again just to make sure the point is being driven home. While we can frustrate Him if we ignore Him, He doesn’t get all fleshy like I did at that moment and start yelling. He is patient and at peace with His children. God LOVES to talk to His kids. Sometimes it’ll be through the Bible, sometimes through situations, sometimes through a prophetic word, sometimes you just know that you know this is what He is saying, and rarely is His voice audible. One of my favorite scriptures is Isaiah 30:21 “ And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, “This is the way, walk in it,” when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left.” Allow God to speak to you, like only He can. Allow Him to tell you what direction to go, and trust Him. He’s guiding you to where you need to go. Let Him do that. Remember God has awesome plans for your life. Get excited.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!