Be Like Linoleum

Some years back I felt the Lord very clearly say to me that he wanted me to be like linoleum. . I’d really thought I’d missed it on that occasion. Right after that I got a vision of me running in socks like used to when I was a kid. I would run and slide across the linoleum floor. Then in the next vision I saw the same thing but I found a spot on the linoleum that was sticky and unpolished. Instead of gliding across the floor I fell on my
face. Instantly I knew what God was saying to me. I had been ticked off about a situation. I don’t remember who it was I was mad at, and God was trying to tell me to let it go.

We’ve all heard the phrase “like water off a ducks back.” So we need to be when someone ticks us off, or hurts us, or offends us. We need to let it roll off of us. I’m not saying there isn’t times when you need to tell the person they upset you, but then, no matter what their reaction, you let it go.

I have a hard time when a situation happened that after it, I want to constantly chew the person out in my head. I want to replay the scene over and over again analyzing it seeing if I could have handled it better. But doing that, just keeps the anger going, and I’m not being like linoleum. I’m falling on my face. You have to stop yourself from continuing to think about it and just let it go.

How do you do that?? You constantly choose to.

Proverbs 17:9 says, “Overlook an offense and bond a friendship; fasten on to a
slight and—good-bye, friend!” and says, Colossians 3:12 “So, chosen by God for this new life of love, dress in the wardrobe God picked out for you: compassion, kindness, humility, quiet strength, discipline. Be even-tempered, content with second place, quick
to forgive an offense. Forgive as quickly and completely as the Master forgave you. And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it.”People and situations will always come in life and try to hurt you and offend you. It doesn’t make you less of a person or Christian when they do. They happen. But we can choose to believe the best in our brothers and sisters in the Lord. We can choose to love them unconditionally. We can choose to be like linoleum and keep ourselves polished.

So I don’t know about you, but I’m going to go put on some socks and slide across my floor now. It looks like fun, and there are a few things I have to make sure aren’t sticking to my floor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!