Get on over to the other side

As many of you know it will be 15 years this July that God first put it on my heart to write my first book. Five of those years are what I refer to as preparation for the waiting season. So really it’s been 10 years I’ve actively been really trying. I have had just about every door shut in my face. I’ve been mocked from others about it, and I’ve been to the point were many a day I considered giving up.

I was speaking to my pastor the other day, and I said to him, “It’s like I’ve been in the season of preparation for so long I don’t know how to walk on the other side of this.” To which he responded very wise and said to me, “Just take it a day at a time.”

The Israelites in the Bible were faced with having to learn how to change their thinking. In Deuteronomy 1 the Israelites get to their promised land and refuse to walk in out of fear. The spies tell them there are giants in the land, and it’s only Caleb and Joshua that try to argue God would still be with them. Fear kept the Israelites out of their promised land. When God hears all this with just cause He gets annoyed. God had brought the Israelites through so much, and now they were questioning Him again!!! As a result that generation of Israelites had to wander in the wilderness for 40 years until the old generation died out, and it was only Caleb and Joshua as old men that got to set foot into the promised land.

Fear can be a nasty thing if you let it. Fear is defined as a feeling of anxiety.
2 Timothy 1:7 says, “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” The Israelites were so consumed with fear. The let what they thought rule them instead of trusting in God. These were people that had walked through
amazing things: they’d seen God deliver them from slavery and Egypt, they’d walked through the Red Sea on dry ground, and continually they’d seen God perform signs and wonders on their behalf. Yet, they still didn’t trust the Lord. Because if they did. . . They wouldn’t have questioned going into the promised land when they heard reports of giants. They would have gone right in. Fear will stop you and keep you grounded. It’ll keep you from where you have to go.
Now if you haven’t gone into certain situations because you were afraid don’t get all condemned today. Repent and move on, we live in the new covenant which we can as Jesus to forgive us, and God and can do in us what he needs. You might have to go through a bit more first, but I would say it probably won’t be 40years like the Israelites.

I’m saying all of this to say what??? I believe prophetically we have stepped into a new day. There are plans and purposes that God is revealing to His children in this hour. Dear people, do not get scared to live on the other side of these things you’ve been believing God. God has prepared you for such a time as this, and you’re crossing over. Your coming to the other side and with all boldness God’s empowered you with to get
there.

Joshua 1:8 says, “This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall
meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.” You’re way is prosperous. You will have good success! Just trust in Him!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!